So, you’re planning a long-distance move. You’ve researched reputable companies, and you have someone coming to your house to evaluate your stuff, answer your questions, and give you a quote. But how do you know what to ask?
Here are a list of questions to ask the long-distance moving estimator:
- What type of pricing do you offer? Most long-distance moving companies will have either weight-based or hourly-based pricing options, so make sure to ask about the details of each option and their associated costs.
- Are there any additional fees I should be aware of? Make sure to inquire about any hidden fees that may not be included in the original estimate, such as fuel surcharges, tolls, permit fees, or packing services.
- What are your payment terms and conditions? Ask about the deposit or down payment required before the move, as well as any possible refund policies in case of cancellation or changes to the move.
- How will my items be packed? Make sure to ask how your belongings will be handled and what type of materials (if any) the company uses for packing and wrapping.
- What kind of insurance do you offer? Moving companies typically provide some form of coverage for lost or damaged items, so make sure to inquire about the specific details of their insurance policy.
Everything You Need to Know About Planning Your Long-Distance MoveClick for a full list of Frequently Asked Questions About Long-Distance Moves
By properly understanding the pricing methods used by packers and movers, researching the additional costs associated with long-distance moves, and asking questions about payment terms and conditions, customers can make informed decisions and ensure their move is successful.
To learn more, here’s everything you need to know about long-distance moving companies.