Simplifying healthcare logistics
We’re here for you…even in this challenging time.
With over 75 years of experience in moving and logistics, we can help get your medical supplies and equipment to where they’re needed most. And, it’s especially important as we continue to navigate our way through the COVID-19 pandemic.
Dedicated attention for round-the-clock care
Unlike other businesses, a hospital, laboratory or healthcare center can’t slow down or take time off to schedule or manage a move. Important work needs to be done to help patients and communities, and your time shouldn’t be spent managing the details of hospital moving. We know your patients depend on you, and we don’t take that lightly.
Our ISO 9001 certification is your assurance that we analyze and understand your needs and expectations, implement and manage the processes needed to achieve your desired outcomes and consistently provide services that meet your and any applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
Interstate Logistics oversees all aspects and details of your healthcare or lab move through a range of sophisticated healthcare logistics and moving services to ensure minimal downtime and on-time, on-budget results. As premier medical equipment movers, we provide a dedicated Move Consultant and Move Coordinator to manage your move and create a customized solution that’s right for your organization, your employees, your patients and your time frame.
Our hospital and healthcare-related moving services include:
- Planning and moving from start to finish.
- Custom packing and crating of delicate hospital and lab equipment and supplies.
- Custom packing of refrigerated and frozen samples, works-in-progress and cold rooms.
- Clean room and sterile room relocations.
- Office and common area reconfigurations, temporary storage and advice on other workplace health and safety-related protocols for facilitating a safe return to work for non-clinical staff during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Supply chain management and last mile delivery of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in response to increased demand arising from COVID-19 and the spread of the Delta and Omicron variants – with rapid, flexible and just-in-time (JIT) deliveries. Download our white paper, “Is Your Hospital Ready for the Next Pandemic?” to learn more.
- Climate-controlled transport via dedicated trucks with air ride suspension and refrigeration.
- Material management and logistics support for the establishment of temporary field hospitals to help meet pandemic-related surge capacity.
- Receiving, uncrating and inside delivery (IO&T) of new equipment, beds and furniture.
- Post move services, including debris removal.
- Record management and retention services.
- Secure packing and moving of confidential patient files (HIPAA compliant).
- Secure limited-access warehouse facilities in Landover, Maryland; Springfield, Virginia and Sterling, Virginia.
- Secure climate-controlled storage in Springfield, Virginia.
Moving solutions for health organizations on the go…
Whether you’re moving imaging, robotic, biopharma or personal protective equipment or entire labs and systems, Interstate has the experience, equipment and expertise to get your medical supplies and equipment where they need to go safely, reliably and efficiently.
Never lose track of your equipment
From dispatch to arrival, we track our vehicles’ location and operation so you’ll always know where your equipment is. Once it reaches one of our climate-controlled warehouses, we tag and scan your equipment so your assets are available in our digitized inventory system for tracking and review.
There’s more to hospital moving than just getting equipment there
Once in their new location, devices need to be installed, connected to power, restarted, setup and calibrated. As full-service laboratory movers, we provide services necessary to get your equipment back up and running, from decommissioning to initial outfitting, installation, machinery activation, storage and more.
There to keep your focus on your patients.
We focus on every aspect of health care logistics — from planning to execution to secure storage and delivery — to make your healthcare and hospital moving experience as seamless as possible so your team can focus on patients and not your move. Our special handling capabilities and highly-trained movers and logistics coordinators can accommodate any request to keep your hospital or healthcare operation running. Our healthcare logistics team even has the project management know-how to assist with the set-up of temporary field hospitals in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
More Than a Mover…
Martin Army Community Hospital Project at Ft. Benning
Management, assembly & installation of over 44,000 assets.
Irwin Army Community Hospital Project at Ft. Riley
Turnkey logistical support on a tight deadline.
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center Project
One of the largest military hospital relocations in U.S. history.
ISO 9001: An industry standard quality management process.
How do you move a hospital?
Moving a hospital or any health-related operation is a complex and detailed task that requires extreme levels of detail, logistical thinking and care. Whether it’s to a new location or to a temporary base, sensitive and valuable equipment should be managed with the utmost attention to make sure it arrives intact and on time.
To do this right, you need the right medical equipment movers for the job. Between decommissioning, installation, specialized transportation, outfitting and warehousing, Interstate is the expert at hospital moving.
How do you move medical equipment?
Moving medical equipment is a delicate operation that requires care, precision and the right equipment to get these life-saving machines from one place to the next. We begin our equipment and lab moves by carefully packing equipment to safely and securely prepare the equipment for transport. From there, our highly-trained movers use various lifts, winches, dollies and specialized, climate-controlled trucks and trailers to move equipment to its next destination.
How can an office reconfiguration help my healthcare facility reopen?
Office reconfigurations are one of many important steps you can take to protect the health and safety of your non-clinical employees during the coronavirus pandemic, particularly as your healthcare facility reopens and employees return to the workplace. Our experienced team of office moving professionals can help you reevaluate and reconfigure office floor plans, desk spacing and modular furniture to maintain physical distance between employees.
Other steps you can take include the placement of signs, decals and highly visible tape on the floor, placed 6 feet apart, to ensure compliance with social distancing guidelines when physical barriers are not possible.