Moving your business, agency or school forward…
Our office movers help keep your organization running with minimal disruption
Some details of an office move, relocation, reconfiguration or consolidation are easy to remember. Coronavirus (COVID-19) health and safety protocols need to be implemented – before, during and after your move or reopening. Things need to go in boxes and get on trucks and shipped to the right location. Others, like remembering to re-establish your office’s coffee service or redirecting your postal mail to your new location, can slip your mind.
As your professional office & industrial moving company, it’s our number one job to anticipate all the details that go into your office relocation, reopening or consolidation and to make sure they are managed in a way that facilitates a safe, smooth and efficient transition…even if you are looking to reduce your footprint. We strive for office relocations to be on-budget, on-time and spot-on with your every expectation for keeping your business up and running…even if that ‘new normal’ requires greater flexibility, changing amenities and employees who are spending fewer days in the office.
And, our experience with residence hall and dormitory moves, along with classroom reconfigurations, for some of Greater Washington, D.C.’s largest universities is your assurance that our work will be done to the satisfaction of university administrators, students and their parents.
It’s all about business continuity and risk mitigation.
Each new engagement with Interstate begins with an on-location consultation with one of our Certified Office and Industrial Consultants to determine what needs to be moved where and any special considerations you may have. From that information, we produce a finely-honed Needs Analysis and accurate estimate for your office relocation or reconfiguration. As the plan gets set and schedules developed, Interstate’s team oversees the details and gets your business ready for its big move or reopening.
Certified movers for confidence and peace of mind
As an ISO 9001:2015 certified mover, we’re continuously monitoring, measuring and improving the effectiveness of our quality management system to meet your needs and expectations, and to achieve your expected outcomes.
From pre-move planning to loading, transport and storage to computer reconnection and more, Interstate manages the particulars so you can keep your eyes on your business…and the health and safety of your employees.
Our office moving and reconfiguration services include:
- Free, on-site survey, consultation and detailed cost proposal.
- Strategic and rigorous approach to managing your project.
- Proactive and responsive coordination with you and your in-house team with an assigned project manager to oversee all aspects of your relocation.
- Meetings prior to the move to nail down details and responsibilities, ensuring that the move process stays on track and on time.
- Consistent communication before, during and immediately after your office move with your Project Manager, Move Consultant and Move Coordinator, and through digital inventory and tracking systems.
- Trained, uniformed, background checked and drug-screened professional team of packers, movers and installers carrying out your move.
- Secure relocation of classified materials, in compliance with the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), DoD 5220.22-M, and strict chain of custody protocols.
- Rigorous and disciplined approach to the implementation of COVID-related health and safety protocols, including those required to reduce the spread of the Delta and Omicron variants.
- Office or classroom reconfigurations, installation of plexiglass dividers, desk/workstation reconfiguration, temporary storage and advice on other workplace health and safety-related measures for facilitating a safe return to work during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Residence hall and dormitory packing, transport, short-term storage and return delivery of student possessions back to campus.
- Science-based protocol for cleaning and sanitizing reusable containers between moves.
- Delivery and setup of IT equipment and associated technology peripherals (including disconnect and reconnect services).
- Cable management when reconnecting technology and computers, to ensure the safety of your employees and that equipment is networked seamlessly.
- Set up and configuration of systems furniture and floor plans.
- Environmentally-friendly recycling, liquidation and decommissioning of surplus assets.
- Packing services to keep your files and information organized and secure, allowing your staff to stay focused and productive during the move.
- Transparent accountability across every phase of the move.
- An end-to-end moving experience – across the country and around the world – that is built upon the quality standards of the Office Moving Alliance, or OMA, network of partners whose standards exceed those of our clients.
We have whatever your move needs
Whether you’re moving desks and chairs or ultra-sensitive x-ray equipment, as a full-service commercial office moving company, we’ll manage your move and whatever it entails.
Employee Relocation Services
Improve talent mobility for your business and peace of mind for your workforce. Our Relocation Services team can make sure your employees are well taken care of.
Warehousing and Distribution Services
Maximize your space with flexible distribution services and secure, short- and long-term storage options.
Technology and Data Center Relocation
Confidently move and store data centers, work stations and full software labs with our expert technology infrastructure movers.
Let our experts manage all aspects of your healthcare facility’s move or reconfiguration. Our experienced team provides safe and secure transport of sensitive equipment and materials.
Checking every list twice for this holiday season relocation.
Logistics Management Institute (LMI) was taking advantage of the quiet holiday season to relocate their corporate headquarters to McLean, Virginia. The 36-hour timer starts now. Learn More.
How do you relocate an office?
Relocating an office has lots of steps to it, some big and some small, though the basics of an office relocation are in figuring out the best way to get your equipment, property and people from point A to B. This includes everything from orchestrating phases of furniture shipments to server and computer disconnection and reconnection and managing when energy service needs to switch to new buildings.
For many companies, this management distracts from the normal day-to-day work of a business, making hiring a professional office and industrial moving company a necessity for business continuity and a smooth and orderly move.
How long does an office move take?
Since every business’ needs are different and each has varying stipulations and circumstances, office moves can vary in length from a few days to a few weeks or months. When we begin an office relocation with our clients, we determine how long their move will take based on their schedule and lease needs, by determining how much will be moved and how disruptive the move could be to their day-to-day business.
Is an office or classroom reconfiguration a necessary step in reopening my school or business?
Office and classroom reconfigurations are one of many important steps you can take to protect the health and safety of your employees or students during the coronavirus pandemic, particularly as your school or business reopens and employees return to the workplace and students arrive on campus for the fall semester. Our experienced team of office moving professionals can help you reevaluate and reconfigure office floor plans, desk spacing and modular furniture to maintain physical distance between employees and students.
Other steps you can take include the placement of signs, decals and highly visible tape on the floor, placed 6 feet apart, to ensure compliance with social distancing guidelines when physical barriers are not possible.