We deliver more than just your belongings
We deliver confidence and peace of mind
Whether it’s up the street from our home in Springfield, Virginia or across town, moving is an exciting yet complicated time. You’re starting the next chapter of your life and deciding which memories and treasures are going to come with you. Figuring out what goes first, what goes last and the best way to pack, all while trying to stay within a budget is a lot to think and worry about.
And that worry isn’t something that we think should be on our customers’ plates.
From organizing details and schedules to best practices for packing and more, we believe that it’s our job to make your move as seamless as possible. We work with you to ensure that everything is accounted for, every worry is addressed and every detail is checked with a fine-toothed comb, letting you focus on the more exciting parts of your move.
When you partner with Interstate Moving as your local mover, you’re getting:
- Free, accurate estimates taken during an in-home or virtual consultation with one of our expert Move Consultants.
- An American Trucking Associations Certified ProMover – a fully licensed and insured professional mover who meets the highest standards for safety and professionalism.
- A personal, dedicated Move Coordinator to manage the logistics of your move.
- Highly skilled moving team members who have completed over 80 hours of our custom, in-house, hands-on training.
- Possessions securely wrapped in your home using our ULTRAWRAP service.
- Constant contact with your Move Coordinator during your move to give you peace of mind.
- The expertise of professional, local movers with over 75 years of experience.
- Background-checked, drug-screened, full-time employees as your local move team.
- Trucks outfitted with GPS so we can track your belongings.
- The expertise of one of the largest movers in the Greater D.C. region.
We know that despite the short distance, moving from one home to the next and one community to another is a big change. So as one of the largest local movers in Springfield, Virginia and metropolitan Washington, D.C., we’ll treat your move with the same amount of care as we would our own.
Local Moving Leaders
As the trusted local mover for the thousands of Greater Washington, D.C. area families, we’re proud of our 97% customer satisfaction rating and reputation for moving excellence.
Move with Confidence
Washington Business Journal
Top Moving Companies Recognition
Ten-time 1st place American Moving and Storage Association (ATA, formerly AMSA)
Safety Award winner in all three safety categories
Eleven-time winner of Quality Award
for Customer Service by The U.S Department of Defense
Need help getting started?
We offer packing assistance services ranging from full service to DIY materials and packing classes to get your move rolling.
A pit-stop for your belongings.
We offer short-term and long-term storage options to help you clear out your home and get ready for your move.
What is local moving?
According to the United States Census Bureau, around ten percent of Americans move every year and nearly 85% of those moves are local, making them the most frequent types of moves in the country. Local moves are typically defined as moves under 50 miles from your current home.
How much does local moving cost?
Since it’s a shorter distance and requires less time on the move, local moves typically cost less than long-distance moves. But since every move is unique, it’s impossible to provide an accurate and precise estimate for our customers without seeing your home, understanding your particular needs and working with you to develop a customized move plan.
To ease the estimate process, we instituted our Virtual Move Survey, letting you walk us through our questions by giving us a tour of your home and possessions simply with your smartphone or tablet. After the virtual walkthrough, you’ll receive an accurate estimate in just one business day. Or if you prefer, one of our Move Consultants can visit your home at your convenience to survey your belongings.