There’s more to your move than just getting there
Moving is a complex process. We’ll make sure you’re well-informed and confident in your choice of Interstate when it comes time to pack up and hit the road.
What residential services do you offer?
Whether you’re moving down the block, across the country, overseas or somewhere in-between, Interstate is your full-service residential moving company. From schedules and logistics to packing and storage, we manage your move from A to Z so you can focus on your next step. Whether you just need a couch moved or want a coordinator to manage all of the logistics, Interstate has you covered.
What logistics and supply chain services do you offer?
Whatever logistics or supply chain services you need, Interstate can provide. We offer a full range of logistics and supply chain services including supply chain management, commercial relocation and management, office reconfigurations, information technology and data center relocation, warehousing, transportation, last-mile logistics and international solutions. Even if we do not directly offer a service that you need, we’ll work with you and our extensive network of partners to get you the solution that works for your organization or government agency.
We’re here to answer your moving questions!
Whenever you have a question about your move, don’t hesitate to ask! Call Interstate at 800.745.MOVE and make your next move today.
Do you offer free in-home estimates?
Yes, we do! If you live in the Washington, D.C. metro area, Interstate can come to you or arrange a virtual consultation to review your space and possessions. Our personalized in-home consultations are the best way to understand your specific requirements and gauge how much your move will cost, since every move is different and requires special considerations.
If you live outside of the D.C. metro area or if it works better for your schedule, we also offer a Virtual Survey — a quick run-through of your possessions, home and valuables taken straight from your smartphone or tablet. Just schedule a time to chat and walk us through your home, using your smartphone or tablet camera. We’ll deliver an estimate back to you within one business day.
How do you ensure accuracy in your estimate?
With over 75 years of experience in moving, relocation, logistics and warehousing — we’ve seen a lot of homes and businesses, and we know what to look for. When we create our estimates, we check all the boxes and take into consideration every detail — what, when and where you’re moving, the style and layout of your home or office, accessibility, special handling and estimated length of move.
From there, we’ll make an estimate of how much your shipment will weigh and will work with you to confirm that estimate once your valuables are loaded onto the truck. We make it a priority to make your move easy and efficient, so we’re committed to keeping you within budget and on-time. We’re not fans of surprises and we assume you’re not either.
What protection plans does Interstate offer?
We do our very best to make sure your possessions get from A to B without so much as a scratch — but we also understand that sometimes things happen. As is standard in the industry, we include basic cargo protection for your belongings at no cost to you. This coverage is limited to 60 cents per pound for any damaged or lost item.
We also offer additional coverage for your peace of mind. The Full Replacement Valuation plan provides expanded coverage of $6.00 per $1,000 of declared value. (NOTE: vehicles are the only exception to this replacement value protection.) You calculate and choose the appropriate amount of coverage needed for your belongings and a deductible. Learn more about valuation here.
What certifications and awards has your company earned?
We hold ourselves to the highest standard of quality, and others have come to recognize it! Interstate is an AMSA (American Moving & Storage Association) ProMover® and has earned numerous awards and certifications. Here are just a few:
- ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Eleven-consecutive year winner of the National Defense Transportation Association (NDTA) Quality Award
- Four-consecutive year winner of the American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA) Fleet Safety Award
- SmartCEO 100 Best-Run Company
- Four-consecutive year winner of the Inc 500/5000’s Fastest-Growing Private Company
- Quality First—Blue Diamond Award presented by Business Week
- National Capital Business Ethics Award
What green initiatives have you implemented as part of your company’s commitment to sustainability?
Interstate is committed to excellence in environmental awareness and corporate sustainability. Interstate attempts to encourage, promote and maintain an ongoing awareness, sensitivity and conservation of our environment and its resources, both internally and externally with its customers, through the appropriate use of recycled materials and the effective management and recycling of applicable waste materials.
All employees are required to adhere to the company standard for recycling used materials from both office and warehouse facilities. This includes:
- Implemented a digital filing system
- Recycle and or reuse all waste paper
- Avoid the use of paper wherever possible
- Avoid the use of postal services – use email and attachments whenever possible
- Double-sided printing is encouraged for all print/copy jobs
- All thermostats are pre-programmed to reduce usage during non-working hours
- IT/Computer Equipment
- Recycle equipment that is no longer of use to the company
- Donate or repurpose computer items and printers when possible
- Recycle parts that can be reused; properly and safely dispose of the rest utilizing county recycling centers and other approved recycling vendors
- Recycle toner products and purchase recycled ones when possible
Household Goods Moves, Office Relocations and Reconfigurations:
- Interstate utilizes salvaged crumpled and or recycled paper for wrapping and cushioning of household goods
- Interstate recycles and reuses cartons and moving boxes
- Select Interstate trucks are SmartWay certified, a voluntary program instituted by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to reduce fuel emissions across supply chains.
Warehouse and Operations:
- Interstate uses motion-sensor lighting in all warehouses
- Interstate uses energy efficient light bulbs in all warehouses
- Interstate works with vendors to properly dispose of engine oil and tires